Saturday 15 August 2015

Gossamer Blue August Inspiration Blog Hop



It's that time again! Welcome to the Gossamer Blue August Inspiration Blog Hop!

I have a holiday page today. It includes a photo of one of my favourite views of anywhere I've ever been: Bergen in Norway.


And to make it I used my favourite item from my August Gossamer Blue kits: a packet of Fancy Pants diecut letters from Add On #3. As soon as I spied them I thought how much I liked the way they picked up on the current trend for prettily patterned, handcut letters. I'm going to be using my entire alphabet....


...with my layout title...


...and a little banner for another page I have in mind...

...and after that, when I've run out I'll just have to find another way to fake that hand cut look. I can't draw at all! But I have a Slice machine with some cute alphabets; and if I cut some letters, I can take a pair of scissors and trim them  to look a little more like I did them myself, a little bit more hand made..


...because I hope this is a trend which is here to stay.

Now click on a name or two or three..there's lots of inspiration from the Gossamer Blue team right here:

Alex Hunter Anabelle O'Malley Andrea Gray Brenda Smith  Diane Payne Emily Spahn Erin Taylor Eyoung Lee Felicitas Mayer France Wisniewski Heather Leopard Jill Cornell Jill Keller Kasia Przybyt Kathleen Graumuller Kellie Winnell Kelly Xenos Laura Rahel Crosby Michelle Wedertz Michiko Kato Olatz Garaiyurrebaso Patricia Roebuck Rebecca Luminarias Sian Fair   Yana Smakula

Until next month, then!

12 comments:

Jo said...

I can see why you love that place so much, it's lovely and so is your layout x

Karen said...

I can tell by the photo this is a place I'd love to visit! I love the way the photo fills the top part of the page.

Melissa said...

Those definitely look like some FUN letters & I think I could live someplace that happy-looking, too!

Sandra said...

Sometimes a place just feels right ... Like a coming home type of feel :) I love that you've scrapped it twice. Well worth it x

Patio Postcards said...

Another great layout. I like the title, it's big, it's in your face but it still does not take over the photo. Perfect layout for a perfect place. I like the big chunky letters and I like banners and I'm just starting to blend into my pages so I am with you on hoping the trend sticks around.

Kellie said...

This layout is perfection in a layout, I love everything about it!

Lizzy Hill said...

OH! Those alphas.... I have me a new Brother Scan N Cut machine so I can use my own handwriting and create letters and words etc......but using different PP....I had NOT thought of that! It looks super how you did it.....and I so get why you like that particular place. Looks gorgeous:):)

Michelle said...

I love how you used the alphas! So pretty :).

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous alpha and photo.

Was talking to a new attender at Meeting this morning, who is slightly nervously off to Bergen next week - told her that your photos showed such a lovely place I was sure she'd have a good time. So fun to see the page this afternoon.

Becky said...

Really love the photo and the layout you have done with it :)

Gail said...

Great looking page Sian! I can definitely see why it's a favourite view of yours. Sort of reminds me of the colourful buildings in Curacao although totally different hues.

Rebecca Luminarias said...

This is amazing--I love the photo, first of all, and then how you used the large alphas. It's such a warm layout and so pretty, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails